Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Project 333-My intro

   So I used to be a pseudo-fashionista, or maybe a mere fashionista wannabe...but I love(d) to shop, find uber bargains/clearance & had what I called "the massive clothing collection" ! In the past I even gave nicknames to articles of clothing. I had a "Queen Latifah Skirt", "Albanian Goat Herder Boots" etc. But as I somewhat matured & am becoming   environmentally concious, I have been downsizing my possessions, including my wardrobe. I've been reading blogs & watching youtube vids & stumbled upon "Project 333"-a writer named Courtney BlaBlaBla (sorry, I do not have the exact info as I write) came up w/ a premise that for 3 months, you can get by stylishly w/ 33 items of apparel & has a website w/ all the particulars...http://www.theproject333.com/getting-started/

I hope this link works...
   Anyway, I also have struggled w/ my weight all my life & now in middle age in the middle of purging useless possessions, have decided to also purge some fat as well. And this project goes hand in hand...as each Season or 3 month period goes by, I can re-evaluate what fits, what to donate, sell or trash. It is an incentive that I find to be altruistic as well & maybe this is the push I need to get myself in line. Other folks have blogged about it, so I figured why shouldn't I document my participation?
   This is almost a turning point in the weather in the Hudson Valley where I live, so I am about ready to officiate my 33 pieces...Oh, & I am following this w/ a variation as I am EXCLUDING accessories including but not limited to footwear, handbags, jewelry & outerwear. It's not perfect & it is stretching the rules, BUT compared to my former "massive clothing collection" it's a darn good start! Besides, I've already consigned/donated oodles of stuff anyway.
   I want to photograph & document my 33 items & write about that & other stuff as well.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment